Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nothing to Do with Classroom Design (still)

Okay, so should I be insulted that my most popular blog post ever had nothing to do with classroom design?

As it turned out, it was more of a study in Social Media.  When I first posted the post about the Hidden App, I had a small spike in views of my blog.  This always happens.  My two followers read my post, or at least receive it, and then my readership flatlines. 

Then for the first time, I put a link to my blog on my Facebook page.  This caused a large spike that I had not seen before on my blog, and probably never will again (because people won't fall for that trick a second time). 

Then I put a link to my blog on my Twitter account.  This resulted in maybe two more views.  My Twitter account is close to dormant, and I have one follower (again, not my mom), so it was no surprise that my tweet had no effect on my blog readership.  But then my friend Anita tweeted about my post and I enjoyed another medium sized spike, as she has an active relationship with Twitter. 

Now my readership is kind of flatlining again.  It's like watching the stock market.

It wasn't until later that I saw the irony of the situation: I write about the sorry state of people not connecting due to electronic devices while I spread my message on my blog, on Facebook, and on Twitter. 
Somehow, that irony was not lost on my wife.  

And now, back to life.  For a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Funny how that works. A link to your post also ended up here: http://paper.li/twinkelmans/edtechbc/2011/10/25 as a result of my tweet which probably helped also. We must work to increase the traffic to your classroom design posts as it is something we need to be thinking more about. Keep on writing...

    ReplyDelete